Thursday, September 18, 2008

Testing SEO On North Face Clothing

SEO onWomen's North Face Clothing Blog



I have been doing a lot of reading lately about Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

In short SEO is constructing your web page so that it is extremely search engine friendly. The whole idea is to make it easy for the search engines to find you and rank you near the top of the search listings. This is the best way to get clicks to your site as it is free.

So I have started running a little experiment with Women's North Face Clothing on a free blogger blog. I add articles and ideas about different North Face products ( North Face is an outdoor wear and equipment manufacture).

The testing on the blog relates to where people come from and where they go. In theory the better optimized the blog is the more people will come to it.

SEO is a slow process and is done in steps. The first step is to have have title tags and url and key words in the posts as close as possible. Then you need to be indexed by Google. This may take some time.

I was fortunate to be indexed about the day after I put the site up. I have heard that for some people it takes months to get into the index.

I will let you know how things progress.

David

No comments: